Friday, January 13, 2017

Brewing Ginger Beer

Brewing has been on the to-list for a few years now. We purchased a bunch of equipment when I still lived in Toronto and it's been through a few moves now. I did attempt a few batches of all-grain but they never really worked out - my husband insists that the fact that I winged my own recipe has something to do with this failure. That can't possibly be true as all the books say 'if you can make lasagna, you can make beer!' 

Those failed beer attempts really zapped my enthusiasm for brewing so we decided to start slowly with a non-alcoholic extract ginger beer kit. This was meant to test our sanitation process and to boost brewing related skills.




It was a success! We have 5 gallons of bubbly, clean tasting, ginger beer in our fridge at the moment. 


Now to order in some supplies for an all grain beer recipe! Onwards and Upwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment